Summer Top Events in Bali 2019 & 2020
Suddenly it seems that “Bali” is on the tip of everyone’s tongues. Weather you are a yogi, a surfer, soul-searching, or looking for the next hot travel destination, the world around is flocking. How then to navigate this Island of Gods? We have put together a few articles to help navigate your trip!
BALI IN SUMMER – JUNE through OCTOBER
Bali in summer is great as it’s the most regulated climate (although Bali is an all year round destination) since there are significantly less rains, less humidity, while keeping the lovely sunshine. As a result this is your best time of year for outdoor activities, sightseeing, and being comfortable! Also, a fun tip, May, June and October are the most affordable months to visit the island.
SUNNY SIDE UP TROPICAL FESTIVAL – 24 August 2019
Established in 2014, this year’s Sunny Side Up Festival is being held in the newly established Manarai Beach House, this world-class line up will have you dancing your toes deep into the sand. So FLUME and Grace Carter have been announced in their Phase 1 Line-up. A tropical music and cultural festival, this is by far one of the ultimate beach and summer festivals.
- Tickets can be bought online, note that they do a group package special, so get your friends together and save some money!
- 18+ event.
- Ismaya Events has teamed up with Sofitel to offer Hotel Packages (ticket + accommodation).
- Follow #SSU2019 & @sunnysideupfest on Instagram for the next line-up phases and more info!
KU DE TA – Various Events
A renowned, super trendy, and sunset hotspot in Seminyak, Ku De Ta brings you soulful deep house and tropical deep house tracks while you sip designer cocktails and enjoy a delicious meal and ocean views (don’t forget your bikini!). This summer KDT bring you:
PHIL WEEKS – July 18th 2019 (10pm till Late)
Known for his Chicago House meets hip-hop attitude sound, French DJ Phil Weeks, hailing all the way from Paris and a well seasoned resident in clubs all over the world, will have you grooving into the night!
SAMA SAMA TIKI BAR – Open throughout June, from 4pm till Late
The beach bar’s upper-deck is open again and has been given a tropical makeover to go with their delicious rum-based cocktail list. We recommend booking a table to make sure you can truly indulge in this vibrant decor and breath-taking sunset.
- They open as early as 8am and go on late into the night.
- Every Sunday from 10am until 3pm is Family Day with all kinds of fun activities for kids while the parents relax beachside.
- To stay on top of their special nightly, weekly and monthly events, download the Ku De Ta App (iOS & Android) or follow them on Instagram @kudetabali
UBUD VILLAGE JAZZ FESTIVAL – August 16-17 2019
Ubud, known to be the artsy and musically driven area of Bali, offers up their very own Jazz Festival every year. Attended by about 5,000 people annually, the event prides itself on making jazz accessible to everyone. With 22 confirmed acts, you will definitely find your ear’s sweet spot.
- Tickets can be bought through their various partners, as opposed to directly online.
- There are pre-event workshops
WOOBAR BALI – Various Events
Considered one of Bali’s top beach bars, Woobar in Seminyak is known for its ocean facing outdoor experience, tapas menu, bean bag by the pool comfort and as a favourite for international DJs. Here is what they have in store this summer for you:
SPF 2019 – July 27th 2019 (1pm till Late)
Featuring Anja Schneider & ELEKFANTZ, this WET deck party will carry you through the sunny afternoon into the warm summer nights, dancing away. The Woosky “Bohemian-Chic” Activation, a nod to the opening of W Ibiza party, paired with fireworks and a light show will appeal to all your senses. Bonus: Entrance is free.
BALI ARTS FESTIVAL – June 16th through July 14th 2019
A whole month of Balinese culture in the capital Denpasar to educate you on various aspects of the island’s heritage. A carnival-meets-competitions-meets-performances promises endless entertainment and a deep glimpse into the heart and soul of the Island of the Gods. This year is the 41st Festival and boasts a long line-up of local and international artists, making this one of the most iconic happenings in the country.
- Open to the public
- Held at the Taman Werdhi Budaya Arts Centre
UBUD WRITERS & READERS FESTIVAL – October 23rd-27th 2019
This year the Ubud Writers & Readers Festival has chosen Karma as their theme. Kharma Phala, the idea that everything we do has a consequence which is equal in its impact, is, for the Balinese Indonesians, captured in a particular belief, which will be explored in this years event. 150 people from over 30 countries, comprising of performance artists, writers, activists, will come together to discuss whether humanity, right down to the individual, really understands what it means to have an equal reaction to our actions and how best can we navigate around this.
- All the events are ticketed, of which there are a variety, from 4 day to 1 day passes, which can be purchased online.
- There are a series of emerging writers chosen every year for you to discover.
- There is a film segment, workshops (cultural and non), The Kitchen, and Live music and arts to take part in.